From: pbristow_at_[hidden]
Date: 2020-04-22 15:54:36

Definitely - NIH still rules the computing world☹ (NIH == Not Invented Here).

> Does that show the weakness of Doxygen?

No - because almost no libraries use Doxygen as it should be used IMO.
They do not add Doxygen syntax docs info *as they are writing the code*.

And I absolutely sympathize - writing code is hard enough and documenting is a distraction.
By the time one has got something working, energy to document is near zero ☹

> To me it somewhat does and the lack of Boost common solution is a motivation to
> avoid Doxygen.
>
> It may be a personal preference, but I very much dislike the (freedom of) variety of
> look & feel of documentation of Boost libraries.

Strongly agree - it's a mess - and that's why I would like to make the most popular toolchain work better, and be used better.

But I've been bleating for years... and I'm stack-overflow with other projects already.

Paul