From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-05-15 17:26:03

On 2020-05-15 20:00, Alexander Grund via Boost wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to specify that my library uses C++11 (features) and cannot
> be compiled or used without.
>
> Using `[ requires cxx11_defaulted_functions]`

I think, you missed a space before ']'.

> as the project
> "requirements" does work (lib not build), but e.g. the tests are still
> build and obviously failing.
>
> Putting the above as "usage-requirements"  (just like
> `<link>shared:<define>BOOST_NOWIDE_DYN_LINK=1`) doesn't have any effect.
>
> What is the proper way to do this?

In general, requirements field designates what is required to build your
library (or executable). usage-requirements designates requirements
imposed on the users of your library (provided that they use
Boost.Build). I'm not sure if the requires rule works in
usage-requirements though, I've never used it.