From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-05-22 16:31:41

On Fri, 22 May 2020 at 12:54, Bjorn Reese via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> LEAF really only needs one thread-local pointer to the topmost context
> per thread, so it may be possible to replace the thread-local storage
> with a global lock-free hash table.

On Nvidia GPUs, there is already a mechanism for this, known as local
memory, which in effect is a global region which interleaves the
various thread's data so that they can all access their fields in
parallel.
This is what gets used whenever a register needs to be spilled to memory.

I do not know why Nvidia couldn't just implement TLS using this.