From: Adam Majer (amajer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-05-25 08:42:27

On 5/2/20 10:10 PM, Robert Ramey via Boost wrote:
> We'll have another release in 2-4 months.  I very much doubt that there
> are many users who are currently using Beast with C++20.  And I don't
> see a huge hardship if those users need to wait a couple of months.  I
> just don't see that a patch is worth all the extra work, including
> distribution, publicity, and confusion it might cause. Onward !!! don't
> waste time looking back.

FWIW, Linux distros would pick up the patch themselves, as well as
anyone that is affected, when needed. So as long as it's a known issue
after release, it's not a problem just to have it listed as an errata or
a known issue with a patch.

No need for point release if almost everything else works as advertised.

Best,
Adam