From: Andrzej Krzemienski (akrzemi1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-05-27 21:14:43

śr., 22 sty 2020 o 14:16 anshu khare via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
napisał(a):

> Hi mentors
>
> I was going through the optional library of boost.
> I was facing some problem in understanding the code base.
>
> In lines from 94 to 97 in optional.hpp, the code is as follows:
>
> struct in_place_init_if_t
> {
> Struct init_tag{};
> explicit in_place_init_if_t(init_tag) {} //not able to understand this
> line
>
> };
>
> I understand that we are creating a structure in_place_init_if_t and inside
> that we are creating another structure init_tag and then we are calling the
> constructor of in_place_init_if_t.
>
> But I am not able to understand that what does it the constructor do when
> we pass init_tag as an argument to it.

The only thing that boost::opitonal users are supposed to know about is
that there is type `in_place_init_if_t` that is *not default
constructible*, and that there is a corresponding constant of this type:
`in_place_init_if`. The internal structure `init_tag` is an implementaiton
detail that helps make sure that `in_place_init_if_t` is not
default-constructible.

Regards,
&rzej;