From: Joaquin M López Muñoz (joaquinlopezmunoz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-06-13 09:59:19

For those interested in the epoch proposal:

* I've included a discussion on an alternative set of rules for epoch
assignment dubbed
"lax mode":

https://github.com/joaquintides/boost_epoch#strict-vs-lax-mode

This mode is somewhat more comprehensive that the original, strict mode,
in the
sense that more libs would progress to higher epochs. Comments welcome
on which
mode fulfills best the goals of the proposal.

* I've written a utility to automate epoch assignment from a core set of
human-decided
lib rejections:

 Â  * Strict mode:
https://github.com/joaquintides/boost_epoch/blob/master/epoch_report.md
 Â  * Lax mode:
https://github.com/joaquintides/boost_epoch/blob/master/lax_epoch_report.md

These are illustrative examples pretty much dependent on what libs are
determined to be
subsumed by the C++ standard or more modern Boost libs. You can try
modifying
this
(https://github.com/joaquintides/boost_epoch/blob/master/epoch_report/boostepochban.1.73.0.json
)
and running the epoch report tool to see the results.

Best,

Joaquín M López Muñoz