From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-06-15 15:56:23

Aleksei Nikiforov wrote:

> Besides just removing those symlinks after installation, what's the proper
> way for disabling creating these additional symlinks when
> building/installing boost using b2?

I tried `b2 install install-no-version-symlinks=on`, but it had no effect.
So I guess the answer is "none". I suppose the right thing to do is to
reverse the change and reinstate the original behavior to not install these
symlinks on `b2 install`. I'm not quite sure about `b2 stage`, but it should
probably be consistent with `b2 install`, because many packaging scripts use
`stage` instead of `install` for some reason.