From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-06-20 19:24:41

On 19/06/2020 03:01, degski via Boost wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 at 13:22, Phil Endecott via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
>> I have had a look at the trie; I have sometimes wondered to what
>> extent a trie can be implemented in C++ that works as much as
>> possible like a standard container so this is interesting.
>>

> https://github.com/ned14/nedtries : no need to start from scratch, I have
> seen the author's name being mentioned here and there, one in a while.
> Explosive development without reflection, design and consolidation, amounts
> to anarchy.

Alas nedtries is a *bitwise* trie implementation, not a character based
one. A bitwise trie indexing algorithm is superb for associative
containers where the key is a bunch of bits small enough to allow the
CPU's bit scan reverse opcode to work on them (i.e. as an unordered_map
or map replacement), but I'm not sure that that is directly useful for
UTF-8 parsing.

Niall