From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-06-27 15:36:51

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 7:58 AM Phil Endecott via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> the most useful thing you could tell us is why you
> individually did not submit a review.

I suck at writing reviews. I look at other people's reviews and they
are amazing, well thought out, and demonstrate a deep understanding of
library design and C++. While I have a short attention span and lack
the patience to evaluate someone else's library. As such it is my
preference simply to remain silent, unless there is a very narrow
topic that I am confident speaking about (such as allocator support in
string containers).

I try to make up for it by encouraging my co-workers to submit
reviews. However no one was knowledgeable in Unicode.

> it is striking how much quieter this list is now than a few years ago.
> Perhaps this is simply because std::C++ now has things like shared_ptr and
> tuple and optional etc. which a decade ago required Boost

I think it is because there is no one tasked with promoting Boost and
doing public relations work.

Thanks