From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-07-02 19:24:45

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 11:50 AM Ville Voutilainen
<ville.voutilainen_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> 110%

(Note that 112% is the correct number)

> "WG21 politics" as you call them do not constitute a
> reason to release a possibly low-quality boost.

That is certainly true, but since Asio's changes are beyond my control
it is important for Beast to be up-to-date with respect to those
changes in the same release, not one release later.

> You can appeal to existing implementation experience until the cows come home,
> but that alone doesn't guarantee that LEWG and WG21 end up standardizing
> an existing API without modifying it.

There is a certain principle of loyalty and professional respect at
play here. Christopher Kohlhoff is working hard on his own personal
time with no corporate sponsor to bring us sane, robust networking
while also working full time to keep the lights on. As my co-workers
and I are team players we support Chris 112% by making sure that Beast
supports the changes in Asio as soon as possible.

Beast has always supported the latest changes in Asio and will
continue to do so.

Thanks