From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-07-03 16:22:40

On 03/07/2020 16:56, Vinnie Falco wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 6:55 AM Niall Douglas via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> ...Outcome will break all existing code...
>
> Chris K: "Asio is getting some API changes this release"
> Beast: "Beast is tracking Asio's API changes this release"
> Niall: "Hold my beer..."

The upgrade path from Outcome v2.1 to v2.2 is well documented. Lots of
production codebases have been on v2.2 for many months now, including my
work's. Converting over the codebase took less than 15 minutes if you
follow the guide. A full calender year of notice has been given that
this is coming. And moreover, it was always made clear from the
beginning that we would do at least one big breaking API change before
we go permanently ABI stable, for which it is extremely important we
never ever change much of anything ever again thereafter.

Niall