From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-07-07 14:21:41

On 06/07/2020 22:24, Emil Dotchevski via Boost wrote:

>> I propose two paths forward:
>>
>> 1. Boost.Exception gains an exception_ptr which works fine with
>> BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS.
>>
>> 2. Boost.Outcome disables use of boost::exception_ptr when
>> BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS is enabled.
>>
>> I'm easy with either choice. But I think the former "nicer".
>
> Not just nicer, it's the correct thing to do.

We've done a half way house for the 1.74 release: Emil has added
boost::make_exception_ptr(). This has enabled Outcome to dispense with
including exception_ptr, if on Boost 1.74 or later, if C++ exceptions
are globally disabled. Thus, Outcome should now compile in Boost 1.74 if
C++ exceptions are globally disabled.

Niall