From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-09-04 14:06:52

Mikhail Komarov wrote:<nemo_at_nil.foundation>
> Some time ago I promised to show something about
> cryptography library architecture and implementation
> for Boost

Here's a "meta question" about the idea of having
cryptography in Boost: do we think that the "Boost
process" (i.e. reviews etc.) is suitable for
cryptography, where the issues are somewhat different
than other domains?

If I were looking for a cryptography library, I don't
think that Boost's emphasis on modern C++ best-practice
and the "stamp of approval" from our review process
would be my top priorities. Rather, I would be looking
for a track record of securely-implemented cryptography
coming from acknowledged and trusted domain experts.
So if I were comparing this with other libraries, my
first question would be "Who is Mikhail Komarov?", followed
by "what is the Nil Foundation, and why is it registered
in the Cayman Islands?".

Regards, Phil.