From: sehe (bugs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-09-08 22:34:46

On di, 08. sep 16:18, Andrey Semashev via Boost wrote:
> On 2020-09-08 13:44, Barend Gehrels via Boost wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > I encountered a bug, most probably, in Boost.Log
> >
> > It is reproduceable in the tutorial_logging.cpp :
> >
> > https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_74_0/libs/log/example/doc/tutorial_logging.cpp
> >
> > The short code should create a file named "sample.log". But it does not,
> > instead it creates a file called "00000.log", with the expected lines
> > logged in that file.

What a coincidence that - after a "longish" period of this bug
manifesting, somehow everybody runs into the same bug now:

 - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/63718805/parameter-passing-bug-in-boost-log/63727877#63727877
 - https://github.com/boostorg/parameter/issues/97 (last comment)

I wonder whether it was a combination of factors exposing this rather
than it lurking in plain site for a long while. Perhaps a note should
be added to known issues for Boost Log library users.