From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-09-12 14:15:28

On 2020-09-12 15:47, Gero Peterhoff via Boost wrote:
> Hello Developers,
> I would like to retrofit some type-traits in boost, but I have read https://pdimov.github.io/articles/phasing_out_cxx03.html. Now I don't know how to do it best, as the boost-type-traits may be removed.

Given that Boost.TypeTraits are not equivalent in some instances to std
type traits, I don't think we're going to remove them any time soon. At
least, I would be opposed to such a move.

You can opportunistically use std type traits and fallback to
Boost.TypeTraits in some simple cases, but that doesn't really make much
sense in Boost since that doesn't remove the dependency on
Boost.TypeTraits and requires workarounds in cases when the type traits
don't match.

Also, we normally don't include all-in-one headers like
<boost/type_traits.hpp> because that brings way more code than
necessary. This is one of the drawbacks of <type_traits> and one of the
reasons to use Boost.TypeTraits, actually.