From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-09-15 02:08:14

On 9/14/2020 6:57 PM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
> Edward Diener wrote:
>
>> In lieu with Boost's decision regarding dropping support for C++03
>> compilation, I would like to drop support in the preprocessor library
>> for preprocessors which do not implement variadic macros. Variadic
>> macros were added in the C++11 standard, although a number of
>> compilers supported them even before the official C++ standard. I will
>> of course keep the same macro APIs, although deprecating non-variadic
>> macro forms when alternate variadic macro forms exist. This will
>> simplify Boost PP.
>
> Which compilers will be affected?

Right now these compilers are considered by PP to not support variadic
macros:

gccxml
nvcc when cuda is being used
PathScale
Digital Mars and Symantec C++
bcc32
metrowerks
sun/oracle C++ < version 5.12 ( current oracle C++ version is 12.6 )
HP aC++ when not using EDG
MPW C++
PGI when not using EDG

Any compiler outside of gcc, clang, vc++, and Intel C++ 17.0 and after
for which __cpluscplus is less than 201103L

Of course saying that variadic macros are always assumed to be supported
does not mean that any of the above will stop working if the compilers
even still exist and do support variadic macros.