From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-09-16 20:18:11

On 9/16/20 9:21 PM, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 10:32 AM SIDDHARTH PANDEY via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> It will be really helpful if any mentor can guide me how to start
>> Contributing to get a great learning from such a highly reputed
>> organization.
>
> Well, the first thing you should do is STAR this repository:

No, you shouldn't. That is, you are not required to star, subscribe,
repost, retweet or do any other kind of social advertisement of any
Boost (let alone candidate) libraries.

(Vinnie, Boost ML is not your marketing outlet. By posting requests like
the above you misguide newcomers and do a disservice to Boost.)

In order to start participating I would recommend to first read our
posting guidelines:

https://www.boost.org/community/policy.html

Read and participate in discussions, pick a library of your interest,
see if you can help with bug fixes and improvements, start making pull
requests on GitHub, etc. In case if you have an idea for a new library,
make a proposal on this list. Here are the guidelines for new libraries:

https://www.boost.org/development/submissions.html

> <https://github.com/CPPAlliance/json/>
>
> And then you might consider participating in the Formal Review of
> Boost.JSON (repo link above)

With this I agree - if you have experteese and interest in the domain of
the proposed libraries, we always welcome reviews. Here are the
guidelines for making a review (and the review process in general):

https://www.boost.org/community/reviews.html