From: Gavin Lambert (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-09-17 23:08:15

On 18/09/2020 10:10, Joaquín M López Muñoz wrote:
>> I did discover that if gcc or clang is compiled at the C++03 level with -pedantic there will be a ton of warnings, and if with -pedantic-errros there will be a ton of errors for those warnings.
>
> Don’t warning disabling pragmas *around preprocessor definitions* solve the issue?

Depends on the specific warnings. Often the disables are needed at the
call site instead or in addition.

I've also seen some warnings raised by template code that are
essentially impossible to pragma away (without disabling for the entire
translation unit) as they get attributed to the instantiation "line"
outside of all user code. Those are especially annoying.