From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-09-21 16:56:45

On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 at 17:01, Niall Douglas via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> For me RapidJSON is a legacy design useful only for legacy codebases.
> sajson and simdjson are the current state of the art for new C++ code.
> If you don't mind modifying the JSON being parsed (i.e. it's a mutable
> buffer and you will throw away the JSON afterwards in any case),
> refactoring around sajson's in-JSON AST generation delivers very
> sizeable performance gains.

Both of these only work with a mutable contiguous buffer backing the data.
The way I think of this is that those libraries convert JSON into a
flat indexed JSON format which can just be mapped to memory and
accessed as-is without any decoding.

RapidJSON and this library are different in that they support
arbitrary streams as input and decorrelate the serialized format from
the in-memory representation.