From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-09-22 01:57:06

Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira wrote:

> In my job, we have our own in-house serialization framework. I guess
> that's what many others do as well in C++, but the requirements on the
> JSON library to be usable in serialization frameworks would be quite
> similar.

The easiest way to make a JSON input archive for Boost.Serialization is to
use Boost.JSON and go through json::value. Boost.Serialization typically
wants fields to appear in the same order they were written, but JSON allows
arbitrary reordering. Reading a json::value first and then deserializing
from that is much easier than deserializing directly from JSON.

For output, it's easier to bypass json::value and write JSON directly.