From: Ruthger Dijt (ruthgerdijt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-09-22 21:20:28

> Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library?
It will be a good addition to Boost if this library gets ACCEPTed
> What is your evaluation of the design?
It works, is straightforward and the interface feels good to use, the
only pitfall is getting the right type you want; number_cast took me a
second to realize it existed and the custom string class is something
the will most likely be converted alot to std::string in an average
users' code.
> What is your evaluation of the implementation?
As a casual user I cannot comment on this, but as I used it in stand
alone / header only mode without problem I feel that i should be
alright under the hood
> What is your evaluation of the documentation?
Could be better, especially in the examples department; it could use
how-to basics
> What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
Very useful
> Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have any
> problems?
I have implemented it in a real project where RapidJSON was used before.
No real problems found aside from getting exceptions because
.as_double() is not able to get a technically integer from the json
(which happens in user configs, example: { "test": 20 }) but that
quickly resolved itself with number_cast,
Ideally any number should be able to become a double in my opinion.
Clang 10.0.1 was used.
> How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick
> reading? In-depth study?
As stated above implemented in one project which took about an hour.
> Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
No, this review is coming from a pure casual user

kindly, Ruthger Dijt