From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-10-03 09:30:40

On 10/3/20 11:53 AM, Gero Peterhoff via Boost wrote:
> Am 12.09.20 um 16:15 schrieb Andrey Semashev via Boost:
>> Given that Boost.TypeTraits are not equivalent in some instances to std type traits, I don't think we're going to remove them any time soon. At least, I would be opposed to such a move.
>>
>> You can opportunistically use std type traits and fallback to Boost.TypeTraits in some simple cases, but that doesn't really make much sense in Boost since that doesn't remove the dependency on Boost.TypeTraits and requires workarounds in cases when the type traits don't match.
>>
>> Also, we normally don't include all-in-one headers like <boost/type_traits.hpp> because that brings way more code than necessary. This is one of the drawbacks of <type_traits> and one of the reasons to use Boost.TypeTraits, actually.
>
> - Is there an overview/documentation which Boost.TypeTraits differ from the standard?

I haven't seen an overview. But you could read Boost.TypeTraits docs and
compare it to the standard to see if there is a difference. Some
differences are not documented, I think, like support for 128-bit
integers for example.

> - Would it make sense to only keep these different/additional Boost.TypeTraits and remove the standard-compliant ones?

IMO, no, because there are C++03 libraries and there are no standard
type traits in C++03.