From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-10-05 17:38:26

On Mon, 5 Oct 2020 at 19:22, Vinnie Falco <vinnie.falco_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 10:12 AM Mateusz Loskot via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > TBH, I can't see it feasible to maintain lists of posts/threads.
>
> That is because you lack imagination.

In this particular case, it's about lack of time to maintain such lists.

> boost.org should have its own forum, instead of mailing lists. And
> when there is a formal review, the wizards create a subforum
> specifically for the review. Thus all posts and discussion relevant to
> the review will be categorized / organized into one subforum which
> after 3 months is then moved from "Recent Reviews" to "Archived
> Reviews" where they become available and viewable in perpetuity.

We have been incapable of pushing the idea of paying for
CI services forward for year+, where money is no issue, I hear,
that would impose zero maintenance cost on Boost folks.
And, you are proposing to set up a new piece of infrastructure,
with accounts, security, that will also require moderation, etc.
Although I really like the idea, I can't see it feasible.

The mailman offers very usable access interfaces to all the archived
reviews and related (public) discussions, it just takes time and clicking.

Best regards,