From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-10-27 09:07:19

On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 at 21:58, Robert Ramey via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > As I explained, one of major changes we will do is getting rid of Boost.Iterator
> > (we already removed Boost.MPL, Boost.TypeTraits, and several more).
>
> I think the questions that should be asked is
>
> a) "what will be of the most value to users?"
> b) "how will this expand the potential user base?"
> c) It the above are positive, the next question would be "how much
> effort would be required.
>
> So I generally answer the above by required the oldest version of C++
> which supports the features that the library needs.

Yes, that will be the case for GIL too.
Simply, if 1) there are PRs with new features that are valuable to
users and 2) implementation of those features uses C++17
and 3) nobody offers time to port those to C++11 (or it's not
possible), then we have grounds to make the switch.

> So if it were me, I'd say - move it to C++ 11

FYI, GIL moved to C++11 in Boost 1.68
(w/ removal of MPL, TypeTraits, Variant, etc.)

Best regards,