From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-11-18 16:18:02

On 11/18/2020 10:18 AM, Glen Fernandes via Boost wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 5:55 AM Edward Diener wrote:
>>
>> Is there any possibility of merging 'develop' to 'master' for the random
>> library for the 1.75 release ? The 'master' branch has not been updated
>> for 2 years, or since the 1.70 release. While I am not claiming all
>> invaluable fixes I know my fix for Embarcadero C++ clang-based support
>> and another fix for correctly auto-linking random_device is among the
>> 'develop' branch fixes which have never made it to the 'master' branch.
>
> I'm assuming this is for Steven (who is the active maintainer of
> Random). i.e. Unlike the other repositories which we've helped out
> with, that are either under CMT or no active maintainer.

A maintainer of a library has the right to do what he wants. But it does
not seem that Steven is aware of the situation. Also others may have
write access to 'random' for all I know, and be able to review the merge
and make the change. In the 'develop' regression tests for 'random'
there are no issues which I can see in the results and the last change
was over 4 months ago.