From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-11-24 20:47:26

On 11/24/2020 2:10 PM, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
> On Nov 24, 2020, at 10:55 AM, Steven Watanabe via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> AMDG

>>> A maintainer of a library has the right to do what he wants. But it does
>>> not seem that Steven is aware of the situation. Also others may have
>>> write access to 'random' for all I know, and be able to review the merge
>>> and make the change. In the 'develop' regression tests for 'random'
>>> there are no issues which I can see in the results and the last change
>>> was over 4 months ago.
>>>

>> I can merge it now if it's okay with the release managers.
>
> I looked at the commits since the last merge, and only this one looks problematic for a post-beta merge.
> (We try not to add new features after the beta)
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/random/commit/b8d5df31168a07e04a175ace751f0defa7be5e28 <https://github.com/boostorg/random/commit/b8d5df31168a07e04a175ace751f0defa7be5e28>
>
> All the rest are fine

The commit you cite above does not change anything for the end-user. All
the fix does is use type_traits rather than mpl in a number of cases,
which removes the mpl dependency for the 'random' library, and all those
cases are private implementation details which does not affect the
end-user's use of the library in any way. This commit is hardly adding a
new feature to the 'random' library.