From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-11-27 11:44:39

On 11/27/20 1:46 PM, Antony Polukhin wrote:

>>> By levels:
>>> config 0 -> we probably would not need it any more
>>
>> That's wishful thinking, unfortunately. Compiler bugs still exist, and
>> C++17 support level is not uniform across compilers. Moving forward,
>> later C++ versions are also not uniformly implemented.
>
> We have feature test macro and Predef. IMO that's enough.

I don't think it is. There are a bunch of non-standard attribute macros,
which vary from one compiler to another. There are quite a few relevant
compiler bug macros. There are non-standard feature detection macros.
Boost.Predef don't implement those.

Also, feature test macros for standard library features are useless, as
they require including the standard library headers. <version> only
appears in C++20.