From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-12-08 00:13:36

On Monday, December 7, 2020, Hans Dembinski wrote:

> I request merging a last-minute bug-fix for Histogram, implemented in
> these three patches:
>

> The fix was tested on various versions of gcc and clang and msvc with my
> own suite of unit tests. It is unlikely to cause any breakage. Fixing the
> wrong behaviour in the upcoming release is very important to me.

Hi Hans,

The release candidate is being promoted to the release tomorrow, and the
release date is Dec 9. So unfortunately it is too late to get this into
1.75. (If a critical issue arises that requires a new release candidate,
that is a different matter, and we would delay the release accordingly.)

What we can do is put an official patch for Histogram on boost.org/patches
and highlight this in the release notes for 1.75.

Glen