From: Tom Kent (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-12-24 18:39:05

On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 6:39 PM Edward Diener via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Even though I have worked a little with PHP in the past I do not have
> the talent to make the change to the website which would incorporate the
> addition of the meta information json field 'cxxstd' to the Boost
> documentation web page for each library. The idea is that if 'cxxstd' is
> set to a value the documentation for that library would also show:
>
> C++ standard minimum level: C++nn
>
> where nn would be 11, 14, 17, or 20 depending on the value of 'cxxstd'.
> Alternatively if there is no 'cxxstd' entry for a library or if the
> value of 'cxxstd' is '03', we could either specify 'nn' as '03' or leave
> off the line stating the 'C++ standard minimum level completely.
>
> On the face of it this should be doable in the website code but
> evidently Daniel James is the only one who really understands how this
> works in the code and he is no longer active in Boost. So if someone
> else who understands the website code and PHP could do this it would be
> appreciated, since I think it will be valuable telling end-users whether
> a Boost library is usable at the C++ compiler level they are using.

Unless there is someone in the community who wants to take on website
maintenance, would this be an opportune time for the organization to spend
some of its money to hire a web developer? There's a lot that could be
improved with the website.

Tom