From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-12-25 05:31:03

On 12/24/2020 9:10 PM, Donovan Dikaio via Boost wrote:
> I can look into it. But needs to make the requirements clear.
>
> So, the task is to show *C++ standard minimum level: C++nn* for Standard
> attribute for each lib in this page: C++ standard minimum level: C++nn ?
> And we could replace nn with the actual number by checking the *cxxstd* key
> in a library's meta info json file.
>
> Please let me know if I got it right.

No, the current 'Standard' mnemonic is not used by the 'cxxstd' change.
Instead create a new mnemonic called "C++ standard minimum level" with
the value of 03,11,14,17,20 depending on the value of the meta file json
field 'cxxstd'. If the meta file json field 'cxxstd' does not exist in a
library's meta file, the value of 03 is assumed. Currently I have only
attempted to update the meta file with the new 'cxxstd' field and
appropriate value for libraries whose minimum support is C++11 or above,
with PRs. I am still waiting for four of those libraries to merge their
PRs on the 'develop' branch:

callable_traits
coroutine2
hof
hana

There has also been a suggestion to remove the 'Standard' mnemonic
entirely from the documentation for each library, since its previous
usage is out of date and has been totally irrelevant for a long time
now, and therefore ignore or remove the 'std' meta file json field. I am
in favor of that also, but others may be against it. I would also not
want to reuse that 'Standard' mnemonic instead of the more precise one
of 'C++ standard minimum level', which is easily understood. If someone
would like to argue for 'C++ standard minimum level required' that is
even better but may be too long.