From: pbristow_at_[hidden]
Date: 2020-12-28 18:16:07

You need not be *too* concerned about previous C++ versions. For a new library, you can simply specify the platform and compiler versions (and minimum C++ standard version) required. It is highly desirable that it works with recent MS, Clang and GCC versions (and you have ticked two those boxes).

(You may be able to get it working with older tools by requiring certain features whose availability is defined by macros).

Of course, we would hope that you would do the necessary maintenance for future C++ versions - (perhaps you should worry more about that 😉 )

(I am entirely unqualified to speak about the usefulness etc of your library).

Paul