From: Mehrdad Niknami (mniknami_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-01-05 01:14:17

Hi,

This shares some similarities to stable_vector, but it has some critical
differences.
One is that elements are *not* fully stable; elements that *follow* the
insertion point are still shifted forward.
Another is that contiguous elements are *mostly* stored contiguously, in
arrays that preserve the logical order.
(The elements are *not* stored in nodes scattered in arbitrary order across
memory and hence there is no per-element overhead, unlike in stable_vector.)

This results in much better performance, closer to that of vector.

Mehrdad