From: Hans Dembinski (hans.dembinski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-01-05 17:23:44

> On 4. Jan 2021, at 19:45, Mehrdad Niknami <mniknami_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> It's similar, but not quite. std::deque uses fixed-size blocks and tends to be slow in my experience (at least in some implementations).
> stationary_vector on the other hand uses variably-sized blocks (with geometrically increasing sizes).
> Its capacity at least doubles every round; in fact, it reduces to a single array when the entire size is reserved beforehand.
> This allows it to perform much more competitively with (and similarly to) std::vector.
> It may be what std::deque should have been, but isn't currently.

Ok, that sounds like your container offers the same basic guarantees as a std::deque with a more efficient implementation. If it is indeed more efficient due to the use of variable-sized blocks than boost::container::deque, then could you include your improvements into boost::container::deque?

https://github.com/boostorg/container/blob/develop/include/boost/container/deque.hpp