From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-01-23 12:14:28

On 1/23/21 2:20 PM, John Maddock via Boost wrote:
> I have no solution for this, but I note that neither do we have CI, nor
> tests on
> https://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/summary.html
> that aren't Intel x86.  The compiler list has shrunk to msvc/clang/gcc
> as well.
>
> I note that at least in theory, other platforms/architectures could be
> integrated into Drone CI (either the CppAlliance one, or our own), but
> someone would have to offer to host the clients running the tests.
>
> Any thoughts/solutions?

As a maintainer of Boost.Atomic, I would appreciate more hardware
architectures, especially ARM. The real hardware is not mandatory for
this, as it could be emulated with QEMU, although the performance would
suffer (but could still be acceptable). Currently, I'm running this
setup locally. The question is who is going to run these QEMU VMs in the
cloud and how much it will cost.