From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-01-23 17:48:58

John Maddock wrote:

> Thanks Peter, I confess I hadn't realized they'd expanded to these other
> architectures.
>
> Longer term, I confess I could never see how Travis or the other free
> providers could afford to do what they're doing and not be overwhelmed.

In this specific case I suppose they are using IBM-donated computing power
which is a more sustainable "business model" than paying MacStadium or
whoever.

Github Actions is very usable and covers the common cases (gcc-4.7 to -10,
clang 3.5 to 11, msvc 14.1 and 14.2, macos-10.15) so Travis can be used only
for the rest (https://travis-ci.org/github/boostorg/core/builds/755272662).

To enable Github Actions for your repo, just copy e.g.
https://github.com/boostorg/core/blob/develop/.github/workflows/ci.yml into
the same directory. No other steps are needed.