From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-01-28 19:55:53

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 11:27 AM Vladimir Batov via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I have not heard of Drone and have not seen any discussion wrt
> integrating it into Boost. Any suggestions, clarifications if the
> request should be merged? Tnx.

Well, that's up to every author. No one is forcing libraries to use
the C++ Alliance Drone CI instance. And if you do accept the pull
request, there is no requirement to stop using your other CI
integrations. In other words there is only benefit, with no cost
(except that if you decide you no longer want the integration, you
have to revert the commit).

The C++ Alliance as part of its mission to contribute to the health of
C++ through open source, has undertaken a project to build its own
hosted CI system as an alternative to Travis which is longer usable
for Boost in a practical sense. The benefit of our solution is we can
scale up the hardware and make sure it is dedicated only to Boost. It
doesn't have to be exclusive - we are also working on submitting
Github Actions integrations for all Boost repositories.

Sam Darwin can answer specific questions, he is in charge of the integration.

Thanks