From: Janek Kozicki (janek.listy.mailowe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-02-03 20:30:25

Christopher Kormanyos via Boost said: (by the date of Wed, 3 Feb 2021 19:21:55 +0000 (UTC))

> If I look more critically at the file, I think theremight be other
> functions that could benefit fromsome increased handling of special
> arguments Nan, inf, zero real/imag. These include sqrt,log, log10,
> atan, and maybe a few others. I might have underestimated the
> potentialfor improvement of this file and would now wonder if a more
> in-depth refactoringis a wise idea? Compromise on improvementsof
> risk of breaking existing use in community?

How about adding a trait to the floating point type, whether you want
exceptions, or any kind of error control. Default value of the trait
is the backward compatibility. New and old users are both happy.

best regards

--
# Janek Kozicki                              http://janek.kozicki.pl/