From: Christopher Kormanyos (e_float_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-02-06 06:31:28

> I will note that there is a proposal that> might alter this stance:> https://wg21.link/P1467R4
Oh thanks. This is great! It's goodto see the ball rolling on that one.

Personally, I would really enjoyto see floatN_t in C/C++ world. I was notaware of this particular proposal, which does,in fact, mention, revive and extend previous,partial (yet stalled) work by Bristow, Maddockand myself --- Floating-Point Typedefs HavingSpecified Widths - N1703.
In fact, the preliminary work in
https://github.com/boostorg/math/tree/develop/include/boost/math/cstdfloat
(which contains the original topic of this thread) attempts to providea sensible working model for floatN_t.
If ever desired to better align Boost withhttps://wg21.link/P1467R4as it progresses, please feel free to contactus (or me) in the future.

Kind regards, Chris