From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-02-20 18:16:34

> Niall Douglas wrote:
>
>> Andrzej, I'll give you my description of DI (which is not that of
>> Boost.DI). For certain kinds of problem solution, it can make sense to
>> turn inside out the traditional design of a C++ program i.e. place the
>> innards on the outside, and put what is normally outside into the
>> innards. You thus get an "inverted design" program.
>
> [...]
>
> I think what I'm missing most here is concrete examples of specific
> problems that DI in general, and Boost.DI in particular, solve.

I agree that it's on the library proposer to convince everybody here of
the value add of the technique, and then his proposed solution.

Vocab libraries often struggle with communication, because what they
solve is so fundamental. It's a steep hill to climb, but necessary to
get such a library into Boost.

Kris I don't suppose you can rustle of somebody who is using DI in
production and would be willing to either open source that code, or come
here to describe how DI solved a pain point for them?

Niall