From: pdimov_at_[hidden]
Date: 2021-02-25 03:08:21

Niall Douglas wrote:

> For me personally, I'd like a C++ 23 Reflection emulation library which
> emulates as much of future Reflection as is possible today, and would if on C++
> 23 switch to using proper Reflection. No idea if such a thing is possible
> however.

It's not. Or rather, it's possible, but of limited utility.

Describe produces the reflection metadata in a form with which we can do something in today's C++. The C++23/26 reflection produces a constexpr vector<meta::info> which can be manipulated via C++20 consteval functions, but to actually do something useful with the result, you need injection, which is also part of the same 23/26 package.