From: Richard Hodges (hodges.r_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-02-27 22:53:42
The Boost formal review of the Describe starts Monday, taking place from
March 1st, 2021 to March 10th, 2021 (inclusive).
The library is authored by Peter Dimov.
The library provides a simple means of providing reflection for structures
and enums in C++.
The documentation contains a number of common motivating examples,
- A universal print function
- JSON serialisation
Please provide in your review information you think is valuable to
understand your choice to ACCEPT or REJECT including Describe as a
Boost library. Please be explicit about your decision (ACCEPT or REJECT).
Some other questions you might want to consider answering:
- What is your evaluation of the design?
- What is your evaluation of the implementation?
- What is your evaluation of the documentation?
- What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
- Did you try to use the library? With which compiler(s)? Did you
have any problems?
- How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick
reading? In-depth study?
- Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
More information about the Boost Formal Review Process can be found
The review is open to anyone who is prepared to put in the work of
evaluating and reviewing the library. Prior experience in contributing to
Boost reviews is not a requirement.
Thank you for your efforts in the Boost community. They are very much
- review manager of the proposed Boost.Describe library
Peter is often available in the CppLang Slack #boost channel should you
require any clarification not covered by the documentation, as am I.
-- Richard Hodges hodges.r_at_[hidden] office: +442032898513 home: +376841522 mobile: +376380212