From: Matt Borland (matt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-02-28 11:00:03

On Sun, 2021-02-28 at 04:36 +0200, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:

> John Maddock wrote:
> > I just looked at this, and I get 198 serialization lib test
> > failures in
> > C++03 mode currently :(
> >
> > The issue is that your tests are using Boost.Math, specifically
> > float_distance,
> > and this is now C++11 and later.  It's used fairly ubiquitously in
> > your tests as
> > well.
>
> Sorry for hijacking the thread, but why does Math implement its own
> copy of
> parts of Mp11

In release 1.75 Math had over 20 dependencies on other Boost libraries,
primarily to support C++03. Now that C++11 is the minimum standard in
Math it is possible to create a version that can be consumed in
isolation. To this end a small subset of MP11 functionality was needed
to break all the dependencies on MPL and MP11.

Matt