From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-04-02 16:28:06

> Andrzej Krzemienski wrote:
> > Maybe Boost.Lambda2 could also provide its own thin wrapper for
> > std::bind which returns a type from namespace boost::lambda2
>
> I think (and hope) that this won't be necessary.
>
> By the way, one advantage of Lambda2 defining its own placeholders would
> be that they will now be usable as function objects. The need for just _1 or
> _2 as a lambda is surprisingly common and it's an annoyance that they don't
> work.

Another advantage would be the ability to supply operator[], which must be
a member. This will allow things like _1[x] or _1[0] < _1[1] to work. (Barry
needed _1[x] for his zip_view implementation.)

So, Andrzej, provided we have an agreement on the need for Lambda2 to
provide its own placeholders instead of importing the standard ones, does
this change your opinion on whether the library needs to be rejected?