From: Brian Kuhl (kuhlenough_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-04-10 02:02:55

The it is the absolute value of the file descriptor that should not exceed bits in the select() mask, not the number of open descriptors.
Different operating systems reuse file descriptor numbers in different ways, TCP sockets that don’t close gracefully can keep descriptors from returning to the pool, raising the fd number over set size. Been many years since I’ve used QNX, but this would be my best guess as to the cause of what you are seeing?

Brian