From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-05-28 19:18:00

On 5/28/2021 11:13 AM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
> Andrey Semashev wrote:
>> The CMakeLists.txt that is in the root library directory is used when the library
>> is built or consumed by users. So, the PRIVATE dependencies are those
>> required to build the library (but not to consume it) and PUBLIC - those
>> required to consume it. IOW, the dependencies from source files normally go
>> in PRIVATE section and from headers - in PUBLIC.
>
> Yep. boostdep --cmake does this automatically for compiled libraries - the
> dependencies from include/ are marked PUBLIC and those from src/ are marked
> as PRIVATE. This doesn't apply to Geometry because it's header-only.

First off, Peter, thank you very much for all your hard work bringing
CMake to Boost !

Is there documentation anywhere for all this boost cmake stuff ? I have
to make some changes to the cmake things in libraries I maintain, but I
have little idea of what the Boost cmake side of things consists, much
less any expertise with CMake itself. Some sort of documentation would,
as always, be helpful.