From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-05-29 22:01:52

On 5/28/21 12:53 PM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
> boost_test( [TYPE type] [PREFIX prefix] [NAME name] [IGNORE_TEST_GLOBALS]
> SOURCES sources...
> ARGUMENTS args...
> LINK_LIBRARIES libs...
> COMPILE_DEFINITIONS defs...
> COMPILE_OPTIONS opts...
> COMPILE_FEATURES features...
> )

Not to sound ungrateful, but it's a fact that no good deed goes
unpunished, have you considered adding in the information which supports
creating of expanded file hierachy when the target is an IDE. That's a
mouthful, let me give an illustration:

In the CMake files for both safe_numerics and serialization there is
code which generates entries in the IDE when the target is visual studio
or xcode. So I invoke CMake, rum, rum, rum, ... and voila, a file is
created. I double click on that file and the IDE comes up not with just
the sources but all the headers as well. Everything is nicely
categorized and ready to run. It includes targets RUN_ALL, BUILD_All
and something else I forgot. One can also use select any particular
test and just compile/build/run that. Very handy for debugging. And if
I want to change from debug to release or change some compiler switches,
I can just do within the IDE. Anyone can see how I've done it by
looking at CMake files for serialization and safe_numerics. The
serialization one is very, very, very old but still seems to work

Robert Ramey