From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-06-04 01:07:16

Andrey Semashev wrote:
> In the particular case of Boost.WinAPI I want it (Boost.WinAPI) to define all the
> version macros it defines. This way I ensure that the config check is compiling
> in the same environment as the library will. I actually include a special header
> from Boost.Filesystem
> (platform_config.hpp) to define all platform-specific macros, which indirectly
> includes Boost.Config and Boost.WinAPI.

While on the subject of Filesystem configure checks, I don't know if it's been
reported already, but the statx kernel call is causing problems; Filesystem
operations failing with ENOTSUPP.

You shouldn't be assuming that the machine where the library is built will
be the same as the one the program will run on. (I think this has come up
in the context of Docker, where Filesystem is probably built in the host
environment but the program that uses it runs in Docker and apparently
the supported kernel calls aren't the same. Or perhaps it's built when the
Docker image is created, not sure.)