From: Joachim Wuttke (j.wuttke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-06-16 18:23:10

> Be aware that even smooth functions can be resistant to decent approximations -
> for example I have never managed to generate any for the elliptic integrals, and
> haven't heard of any one else succeeding either (I haven't looked in a while
> though), even though the functions are smooth and parabola like.

Interesting, and slightly worrying, given Trefethen's claims
about the broad application domain of Chebychev polynomials.
Is the difficulty with elliptic integrals discussed in any publication?
Did you contact the chebfun team?

Right now, I am moderately successful with a Python implementation,
https://github.com/chebpy/chebpy/issues/38

Regards, Joachim