From: Rob Boehne (robb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-07-02 16:22:58

The compiler is proprietary, but well documented. If you don’t have an AIX machine, it also runs under Linux.
This is a later version of the ‘xlC’ compiler that has support in the boost build, however the only interface that supports c++11 is via the xlclang++ front-end available in version 16.

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/xl-c-and-cpp-linux

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/xl-c-and-cpp-aix

I believe you can get a free trial license, good for a month by asking for one.

The xlclang front-end is nominally command line argument compatible with clang, but there are differences.
I would be more than happy to collaborate with you and test on AIX, just reach out to me off-list.

Thanks,

Rob Boehne