From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-08-24 03:08:12

On 8/23/2021 8:42 PM, Glen Fernandes via Boost wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 8:38 PM Edward Diener wrote:
>>
>> I switched my main boost repository from the 'develop' branch to an
>> earlier tagged boost release to try something out in that earlier
>> release. Everything went fine with switching the main repository and all
>> submodules. I wiped out all the header links from the boost
>> subdirectory and I tried b2 headers, only to get:
>>
>> error: Cannot create link boost\property_map\parallel\basic_reduce.hpp
>> libs\property_map_parallel\include\boost\property_map\parallel\basic_reduce.hpp.
>> error: Link previously defined to another file,
>> libs\property_map\include\boost\property_map\parallel\basic_reduce.hpp.
>>
>> This makes no sense since there is a completely empty boost subdirectory
>> under my main boost repository directory. How do I fix this problem ?
>
> Update your boost tree. property_map/parallel moved from the
> property_map submodule to a new submodule (property_map_parallel) in
> https://github.com/boostorg/property_map/commit/671991b1dae2600cccbcc92a66f306dae62552e3

There is no property_map_parallel in the tagged release I checked out,
so I do not understand why 'b2 headers' is trying to create a link
somewhere in the boost directory structure to a file in that library.
Instead there is indeed a
property_map\include\boost\property_map\parallel directory for the
particular tagged release. This is not the latest 1.77 release I am
trying to test but an earlier one. Somewhere it seems as if b2 has the
links stashed away somewhere and when you try to change the branch for
Boost and its submodules to a release tag it is still using whatever it
had previously stashed away. I did try running 'b2 headers
--reconfigure', hoping that would straighten b2 out but with no luck.